Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Big Decision

Well, I don't know how this works for the betting pool on the length of our time on the road, but I've decided we're coming home. The girls are saturated with new things, I think. And Gloria is so painfully homesick for her family and friends. And if she is starting school this year, we need to get home in time for her to do that with everyone else.

I am glad we took the trip together. The break in routine and completely concentrated time with the girls was wonderful. We saw amazing places, and if I were alone and still in my twenties, I would almost certainly be staying up here! But I'm not. And I've discovered that, at this point in my life, I need family, friends, my people around more than I need beautiful scenery or the coolest crowd. (Not that my Dallas friends aren't incredibly cool, of course!)

I'm keeping the trailer. I want to be able to travel with them in the summers. Every year, there will be more they can understand. And I don't think my itch to travel is about to disappear for good.

I don't know how the timing works for those betters among you--whether the length of the trip is measured by when we decide to go home or when we actually get there. We still have a lot of cool stuff to see over the 2000+ miles between here and there, but I expect to be home by or about the beginning of August.

2 comments:

laurie said...

Misty, it has been so much fun to live your travels vicariously through your blog these past few months. It sounds as though it's been an experience of a lifetime for you and the girls, and one that you will repeat again and again. You are an inspiration to all of us to follow our dreams and value the lessons that come from them. Safe travels--hope to see you in Dallas over a margarita or two one day soon!

Janice Robinson Pennington said...

Laurie-You would actually have to come to Dallas if you really wanted a margarita with Misty (and me, of course).